Digital Signatures also called Digital Signature Certificate(DSC). It is a digitally secure key that is issued by the certifying authorities for the use of certifying and validating the identity of the person holding this certificate. Digital Signatures have the public key encryption to create the signatures. we describe here uses and types of digital signature certificates.
what is digital signatures certificate?
A digital signature certificate (DSC) contains information about the individual’s/organization’s name, pan card details, address detail, country, pin code, email address, date of issuance of certificate and name of the certifying authority.
Benefits of a digital signatures certificate(DSC)
1. Digital Signature Certificate helps authenticate the personal information of individuals/organizations when conducting business online.
2.Reduced time and cost: you can digitally sign your PDF files, Documents instead of signing the hard copy of documents physically and scanning them to send them via e-mail, you can digitally sign or authenticate documents and send them much more quickly.
3. The DSC holder does not have to be physically present to conduct or authorize a business or documents
4. Data integrity: Digitally signed Documents cannot be altered or edited after signing /authentic, which makes the data secure and safe.
5. The government agencies ask for these certificates to verify the business documents.
Validation for Income Tax E-Filing / Company or LLP Incorporation and fillings / GST Registration or E filling /E TENDERING/IMPORT/EXPORT
6. A digital signature is valid for a legal purpose.
7. A licensed Certifying Authority (CA) issues the digital signature certificate. Certifying Authority (CA) means an authority of the Indian government who has been granted a license to issue a digital signature certificate under Section 24 of the Indian IT-Act 2000.
Types of digital signature certificate
Generally, we use two types of the digital signature certificate(DSC)
class 2 digital signature certificate/class 2 DSC
class 3 digital signature certificate/class 3 DSC
class 2 DSC -this class of DSC uses
- GST registration,
- GST return filling,
- for mca,
- income tax registration,
- ITR filling
class 3 DSC-this class of DSC uses
- for high online security transactions,
- online tender filling, for e-procurement,
- for e-bidding,
- bank transactions.
- this mostly used by bankers, vendors, contractors, government organizations
Steps for applying for a digital signature certificate
STEP 1: Log on https://www.apiinfotech.com
STEP 2: Select your Digital signature type
class 2 digital signature, class 3 digital signature,
or you can choose digital signatures as a type of purpose or according to its use
GST digital signature, INCOME TAX RETURN digital signature, E-TENDERING digital signature, IMPORT/EXPORT digital signature individual or organization, etc.
STEP 3: Payment for DSC Make the online payment according to your selected DSC. You can choose payment online by- Bank transfer, Debit card, Credit card, Mobile wallets, Paytm, other many options.
STEP 4: Fill the necessary details
Once you have downloaded the form, fill in all necessary details as required in the form:
1. Class of the DSC
2. Applicant Name & Contact Details
3. PAN card(attested)
4. Document as of address proof(attested)
STEP 5: Complete Mobile verification process -Just send a message
Complete your video verification -submit a 25 sec.recording through your mobile
STEP 6: Now your DSC is ready, we will dispatch your Dsc through courier/India post and you will receive within 2 or 3 days your Digital signature certificate at your doorstep
or you can download your DSC through Email on simple clicks.