Digital Signature For EPFO – Mostly used for authentication on the OTCP portal for an online claim. You can submit your claim form and authorized it. Make a digital signature for the EPFO claim on the portal.
Describe of a DSC for EPFO –
A digital signature is an electronic form of a sign. It can be used to authenticate the identity of the sender of a document. It assures that the real content of the document is unchanged.
- Digital signatures are easily transportable.
- It cannot be duplicated by someone.
- The method to assure that the sender cannot easily refuse it.
What is a Digital Signature Certificate (DSC)?
Digital Signature Certificates (DSC) is the electronic form of a paper certificate. These Certificates accept as proof of identity of a person for a specific purpose. A Digital Signature Certificate confirmed electronic identification of information and digitally sign documents.
Why do I need a Digital Signature Certificate?
- A Digital Signature Certificate validates identification electronically.
- It provides a high level of security for online transactions.
- It guarantees the full secrecy of the information transferred electronically.
- These certificates encrypt information such that only the authorized receiver can read it.
- Digitally sign information give assurance to the receiver that it has not been changed in transit.
- It verifies the identity of the sender of the information.
Where can I purchase a Digital Signature Certificate?
DSC is issued only by the CCA Govt. of India, licensed Certifying Authorities.
What is the role of CCA?
The CCA is a Govt. of India enterprise. It manages and permits the working of Certifying Authorities. The CCA controls the Root Certifying Authority of India (RCAI).
The CCA owns the National Repository of Digital Signature Certificate (NRDC). It contains all the certificates issued by all the Certified authorities in the country.
Uses of the EPFO DSC?
The Digital Signature Certificates used for digital attestation of online applications, claims, and digital verification. Once presented with digital attestation with DSC, there would be no need to submit the physical claims to the EPFO office.
From Where Purchase the DSC?
You can purchase the following website:
Different classes of Digital Signature?
There are three classes of DSC:-
Class 1 Certificate: This class of certificate is used for individuals/private only for subscribes E-Mails.
Class 2 Certificate: These certificates issued for both individuals and organizations use. These certificates confirm that the information in the application provided by the subscriber does not clash with the message.
Class 3 Certificate: This certificate issued for both individuals as well as organizations. These are high assurance certificates. Its primarily intended for online applications. These issued to a person only on their presence before the Authorities.
Which Class of DSC is required for digital attestation in respect of EPFO?
- It may be noted that only Class 2 or Class 3 DSC required for the work related to EPFO.
- After getting your digital signature certificate should register your DSC on the OTCP portal of EPFO.
- You should register your authorized signatory on the OTCP of EPFO.
- If you have more than one authorized signatory, then you have to buy one DSC for each of the authorized signatories.
- Register each of them on the OTCP of EPFO separately.